Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Quickie

I just wanted to write a quickie post about Thanksgiving and telling everyone about getting bariatric surgery. Apparently it's one of the big questions, whether to tell people or not. I am not a very secretive person so I decided I would not hide the fact that I am pursuing surgery. I can't hide my butt, why hide how I'm trying to fix it? Everyone took it very well, which made me happy. My mother-in-law even gave me a hug. My father-in-law was pretty quiet, but I totally expected that he would't agree with the idea. The day after Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law called my husband and suggested I look into the Biggest Loser Resort. For around ten thousand dollars you spend a month at a fancy fat camp. It actually looks pretty cool, but I know my track record and I don't think that will help me in the long run. Those kinds of successes are short term for me. I am still very excited about undergoing the surgery. I had my appointment with the surgeon on Monday. I hope to write a post about that in a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment