Thursday, December 15, 2011

Early Struggles

I am trying to get started on those 10-20 pounds I've committed to losing before surgery. I guess it's not shocking that I am struggling. I do fine during the day, but oh those nights. I get soooo hungry. At least that is something that the surgery will help by reducing my hunger. It's not head/emotional hunger, just plain (staying up too late) hunger. I forgot that I was planning to get my lab work done tomorrow and I ate well after midnight, so I guess I'll shoot for Friday morning to do it. I have made some positive steps. I love sweets but I have been able to reduce the quantity of what I was eating. Also, I'm definitely eating healthier, concentrating on proteins (which will be very important post-surgery) and fruits and vegetables. Tomorrow I plan to attend my first required class, a meeting with the surgeons. Today I made an appointment with the dietitian for next week. Things are moving right along! A benefit to all these preparations is that I feel good about myself because I am actively doing something to improve my health. :)

3 comments:

  1. I give you all the credit in the world, Jackie! It's tough to change years of habit and momentum. In terms of those first 10 or so, and the sweets/carb craving, I recommend you look into candida (yeast) overgrowth in the intestinal tract which can absolutely drive those cravings as the sugars feed the yeast. It's no picnic but can be cleansed in about 30 days!

    ReplyDelete