Monday, February 13, 2012

Surgery On Wednesday

I can't believe I'm practically on the operating table! I had my pre-op last week, tomorrow I pay the surgeon and the hospital, and I have had the magnesium citrate and started my two day liquid diet. I'm supposed to have part of the upstairs cleaned so we can have our air conditioner replaced, but as usual the paralyzing excitement has set in and I'm not finished. Rut Roh. Yesterday we had "the last supper" at my mother and father-in-law's place. I totally enjoyed eating the ribs, beans, baked potatoes, and bread with butter. We also had angel food cake with ice cream and strawberries. Delicious! I even snuck in some extra ribs before the cut-off.

I stopped reading some of the weight loss surgery message boards because it was getting depressing. I know from past experiences that boards like that are filled with pre-ops, post-ops, and those that are unhappy with the results. On the wls boards there are also plenty of people in their honeymoon phase, the first two years while they are still losing. Then there are the people who are coming back to get help with regain. Some weight bounce back is normal, the body adjusts, but some people ease back into their old eating habits and start gaining weight again. It was making me depressed and worried. Then I found a really nice thread that was more specific to me and my situation, and decided to quit while I was ahead. Plus, let me just deal with what's going on now and let tomorrow take care of itself. :) Thank you, Jesus. Yes, I have definitely been praying about this.

Sooooooo, I am asking for prayers for me to come safely through surgery without complications and that it puts my diabetes into complete and permanent remission,(and what the heck)for successful weight loss. Also for my family, some of them are worried about me. Thank you! And I will update on the other side as soon as I can.

8 comments:

  1. You've got prayers Jackie! Stay away from the negativity - it's not worth it! Good luck! I hope your recovery is an easy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you set up for after care? Terri has some valuable lessons to share with you about that first few days home from the hospital. Sounds like you've had fun getting in the lasts of the favorites you'll be able to have for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers headed your way! Cant wait to hear about your progress! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had a blog -- I just saw this on FB. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be reading and cheering you on. I'm very interested in your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jakietex

    stay away from negative thoughts..you will be alright soon, after the surgery

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing yuor experience about bariatric surgeryThe challege is to just follow along and exercise, eat right, and get your water. Everyone holding each other accountable.Manipal | Bariatric Surgery India| Weight Loss Surgery Indiaand stay away from negative thoughts..you will be alright soon, after the surgery

    ReplyDelete