Thursday, February 2, 2012

A New Surgery Date!

Big news first! The surgeon's office called today and asked if they could move my surgery up, so now I will have it on February 15. I would have said yes if they had asked to do it tomorrow. I have less than two weeks to prepare, but I am very happy!

This morning I had an EGD, which is where they put a camera down your throat to check for hernias and also take a couple of biopsies to check for h-pylori. Fortunately it's done under light anesthesia because that doesn't sound like much fun. I was in and out of there in about two hours and I should get the results in a few days. There was a little bump in the road earlier this week. The results of my lab work finally came in and the parathyroid level was low, so I had to go in and give more blood to test my levels of vitamin D and K and Magnesium. At least I think that's what they did.

I had an NSV, non-scale victory, this week. I was afraid to do this, but I tried on the jeans I wore to my first surgeon's appointment--and they were loose! I'm officially down 17 pounds, of course that's after completely emptying my body of all clothing and fluids. TMI? I also looked at clothes online, and they weren't plus sized. It gave me a cheap thrill. But really I can't even imagine wearing normal clothing. I'm getting low on some of my medications and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I will talk to Dr. Basa about it at my pre-op appointment on February 9th. Some, or all, of them are too large to take after my surgery. Plus, hopefully I won't need to take some of them. I will need to take my antidepressant, so we need to work something out for that one. I've ordered some vitamins and protein powders. There's just a few more things I will need and then I'm set to go. The countdown continues!

Thank you for all the very sweet messages I have received. I appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Jackie!! Since you are already out of plus sizes before the surgery, are you still going to do it? Hugs either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Alberto Aceves is a leading certified bariatric surgeon with an impeccable reputation and a strong track records, thousands of American and Canadian patients are now enjoying the benefits of weight loss surgery in mexico.

    Dr. Alberto Aceves
    Weight loss surgery in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing yuor experience about bariatric surgeryThe challege is to just follow along and exercise, eat right, and get your water. Everyone holding each other accountable.Manipal | Bariatric Surgery India| Weight Loss Surgery India Good for you, Jackie!! Since you are already out of plus sizes before the surgery, are you still going to do it? Hugs either way.

    ReplyDelete