Monday, March 11, 2013

One Year Plus

It's been almost 13 months since I had my gastric bypass surgery. Weight at first surgeon's visit - 198 pounds (I am 4'10.5") Weight on day of surgery - 178.5 pounds Today's weight - 117 pounds Total loss - 81 pounds I am way, way overdue on seeing my surgeon and getting my blood work so no update on those. How do I feel? Physically...I haven't run in about 3 weeks which means "stuff" hurts more. I also need to see my regular doctor because I think I have tendonitis in my arms and shoulders. So, I wouldn't say I feel great, but definitely better than before. Psychologically I'm doing pretty good...most days. I believe my body is near (if not already there)to my lowest weight. There is usually some "bounce back" gain, so I need to be prepared for that. When I look at my old photos I can't believe I was that...puffy. I knew I was overweight, I just didn't see myself as large as I actually was. Now I have the opposite problem. Sometimes I see my reflection and I'm satisfied, but there are plenty of times where I think, "Ugh, I still look fat. I'll never look good!" I'm a work in progress in many ways. But I am a happy person. Two years ago I was coming out of a diagnosed clinical depression, now I'm a healthier, happier person. This whole weight loss surgery process is the cliched "journey." I think it is always changing and that I will never "arrive." Which is cool and interesting to me. I am drinking a lot of hot tea, eating greek yogurt, tomatoes with goat cheese, and simple sandwiches. I do go out to eat and generally stick with seafood and salads, mostly because it's what I crave and sits well in my redesigned stomach. I can and do eat regular food. I track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal.com I worry that I will regain weight, but that helps keep you on top of things. I've had to buy all new clothes, which mostlyI get on Good Will's online auction site and Ebay. I FINALLY bought and started wearing new underwear last week. That was tough for me because, in the past, tight (or fitted) clothes pointed to me being overweight, now I'm just wearing panties that are my size. I also cut my hair a couple weeks ago because all the post-surgery hairloss finally caught up with and my tiny pony tail looked terrible. If you have any questions you can either leave a comment or email me at dunesummer@aol.com. I have decided to use this as my regular blog so I hope to update more frequently.

33 comments:

  1. Nice to know that you loss weight and also looking for weight loss program. They said that I need to loss more pound to get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am a having rny surgery in June. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you feel continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired of people telling me i don't look like i need the surgery! I'm 4ft 9 and i weigh 191 lbs. I have high blood pressure and my knees and ankles are swelling more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Way to go on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its great that you have reduced weight through gastric bypass surgery... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries make changes to your digestive system to help you lose weight by limiting how much you can eat or by reducing the absorption of nutrients, or both. Gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries are done when diet and exercise haven't worked or when you have serious health problems because of your weight.

    There are many types of weight-loss surgery, known collectively as bariatric surgery. Gastric bypass is one of the most common types of bariatric surgery in the http://aasthahealthcare.com/. Many surgeons prefer gastric bypass surgery because it generally has fewer complications than do other weight-loss surgeries.

    Still, all forms of weight-loss surgery, including gastric bypass, are major procedures that can pose serious risks and side effects. Also, you must make permanent healthy changes to your diet and get regular exercise to help ensure the long-term success of bariatric surgery.we can help you ......http://aasthahealthcare.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slim Weight Patch is the latest weight loss advancement that uses transdermal patch technology that can help you lose weight easily and effortlessly.
    Natrol Carb Intercept With Phase 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your journey. I would love to discuss how the journey has been for you. Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post about weight loss treatment method - gastric bypass surgery .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miami Plastic Surgeon - John W.Chang M.D. - Cosmetic Surgery Center in Florida

    Solund MD specializes in liposuction, breast augmentation, facelift surgery, tummy tucks and more in Miami Florida.
    Rhinoplasty Miami, FL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely post, the pics are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    Duodenal switch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stomach surgery for weight loss, is way to promote weight loss for those who are severe obesity. is the most serious of surgical procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good after your gastric bypass surgery. All you need to do is to maintain and eat healthy foods just like me. I also done gastric bypass surgery 2 years ago and now I'm still fit and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Job!! I am looking forward to your future posts. I will be having the surgery early next year and I am really nervous, scared, but excited to finally get my weight under control.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your post is inspiring for Weight Loss Surgery Miami. Many people are worried about on surgery, But your blog is giving very helpful information.. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog on personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks alot for such nice sharing.
    I would like to add a litlle bit more for the sake of spreading info of weigh loss products.
    I experienced a Beachbody Product named "P90X Challenge Pack".

    I would like suggest you all to try it once you'll obviously love it.

    Wish You Happy New Year in Advance.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have heard of a lot of people getting this procedure. From what I have heard it's great for weight loss and helps a lot of peoples lives. My cousin wants to get it really bad soon.
    John Bond | http://www.royebariatrics.com/procedures/lap-gastric-bypass/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had the sleeve surgery done on Aug. 20th, 2013. I am down 95 lbs. Only need to lose another 15. My back is so much better, my knee iit has changed my life all for the better!s so much better. Life for me is so much better for me. I am so happy I had it done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look great, congratulations!

    Dr. Alberto Aceves
    http://mexicalibariatric.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Jackietex. I am trying to get in touch with you, but I can't find a contact link. Could you send me an email at your convenience? ChristyWilsonWriter@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Jackietex,
    I really surprised by seeing your changes. Let me know more about your surgery procedure? My aunt is going to do weight loss surgery next month. How long will it take to complete the surgery procedure? When I searched through some internet sources, I happened to see hundreds of cosmetic surgery clinics who provide this service. But I am still confused about choosing a clinic for liposuction procedure. Do we have any other weight loss surgeries which are effective?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the weight loss!!! Losing weight is such an amazing and hard accomplishment! I have been trying to lose weight for years now and stories like this inspire me to do better. Living healthy is so much better!!!
    -Jesse White| http://www.peninsula.org/bariatric

    ReplyDelete
  27. The challege is to just follow along and exercise, eat right, and get your water. Everyone holding each other accountable.Manipal | Bariatric Surgery India| Weight Loss Surgery India

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bariatric Surgery in Houston by Dr. F. Miranda M.D., F.A.C.S. - Expert Lap Band, Gastric Bypass & Sleeve Procedures. Certified Surgeon with 500+ reviews · Free Consult - Free & Easy Parking · Consults Available Now

    ReplyDelete
  29. People who have obesity and frustrated with their over-weight can go for weight loss surgery. Bariatric Surgery, Gastric Bypass Surgery and various surgical procedures are available for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  30. the gastric bypass surgery result is shown live in this blog, this would inspire most people to undertake this type of surgery

    ReplyDelete